Monday, April 23, 2012

Artist as Collector- Studio Wall

Artist as Collector can also refer to what we put on our studio walls for reference, ideas or inspiration.  Here's what one of my studio walls looks like at the moment.
I utilize an electric cable on my concrete wall to stick postcards - a changing exhibition of sorts.


There are also clippings from magazines of lighting, mostly because I am interested in how they hang- the one double page spread on left above is from a Hyundai ad (!)   of a victory celebration at Auburn University. I think it's rolls and rolls of TP, flying, hanging from trees...so beautiful!
I also love quotes, there is one from Steve Jobs in the top photo, and this is the newest addition to my collection. My friend Marian brought it back from Barcelona for me.
Good ole Pablo, he sure got some things right.

What's on your studio walls right now?

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yep, good old Pablo. He knew a thing or two or twenty! Right now, I am standing in those shoes...I have a painting in progress and can't figure out exactly what it(the painting) wants to be.

Nanci Hersh said...

Not sure if they are "one size fits all" but I seem to be wearing them as well. Like breathing-Just keep working, One breath, one step at a time.

Great to hear from you Kathryn! Feel free to use this quote on your FB wall. :)