Sunday, November 24, 2013

Up for Air- in My Drawers

Day #7, November 24, 2013 of What's in My Drawers.
Up for Air
Acrylic, water based ink, graphite and collage on paper
11" x 14"
©NanciHersh
$125.00
                                                              

Up for Air is a painting I did on a page in a large sketch book with water based ink, acrylic, graphite and collage. I dated it 3/23/13 so most likely it was "officially" Spring but didn't feel like it - yet.

By the end of March, I am SO ready for warmer temps.  Our koi stay submerged until the temperature warms up to 50 degrees or so.  I always feel optimistic when I see them come up to the surface.

I like the freedom and spontaneity in this piece. Reminds me to stay loose and playful like my beautiful scaled friends.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.

1 comment:

Sharmon Davidson said...

I was a bit confused at first about the title, "In my Drawers"- lol! A great idea, though- this is a very cool drawing/collage!