Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trees- In My Drawers

Day #29 (one more to go!) of What's in My Drawers.
Trees
oil pastel on paper
14" x 11"
©NanciHersh
$85.00

             

Vrksasana or Tree Pose in Yoga is one of my favorite postures- and can also be quite challenging. Finding balance standing on one leg arms up and open, we sway, try not to flail, and often stumble.

When our minds are calm and relaxed it can seem effortless, but with chattering or "monkey mind" it can be much more difficult.  And that, is when we need it most.

So I plant myself in front of a window and look out at the trees who are stark and still beautiful this time of year and remember to plant my roots and lift my heart.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.

No comments: