Thursday, December 5, 2013

Eskimo Kiss- in My Drawers

Day #18 from What's in My Drawers.
Eskimo Kiss
Watercolor with water color pencils
14" x 11"
©NanciHersh
$150.00
                                                              

First there was an Eskimo Kiss. This is a loose watercolor with water color pencils I did for an Eskimo Kiss- two noses rubbing together.

Originally, when my cousin Ellen McVicker wrote the words for me to tell my then two young sons that I had breast cancer the title of her story to share with Griffin and Nate was "My Mommy has Cancer." And in the story, the child learns that cancer is not contagious and he can still give his mommy as Eskimo Kiss.

Ellen and I eventually collaborated to create the children's book Butterfly Kisses and Wishes on Wings: When someone you love has cancer... a hopeful, helpful book for kids now in its fifth printing with a Spanish edition as well.

In the book an Eskimo Kiss is replaced by a Butterfly Kiss and the rest is history.
Butterfly Kiss
available as an Archival art print
8" x 10" matted- $35.00
16" x 20" - $100.00
©McVicker&Hersh, LLC

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.

No comments: