Thursday, December 12, 2013

Buttoned Up- in My Drawers

Buttoned Up
Acrylic, collage on paper
10" x 14" image size
This piece is matted
©NanciHersh
SOLD
                                                  
My Nana Ceil gave me a sewing machine for my Bat Mitzvah. My Singer sewing machine moved with me from NJ to Brooklyn to Manhattan to CA to HI (and at least 5 times on the island of Oahu!), then back to NJ. Finally sold it before we moved here to PA.

Talk about some heavy baggage. Metaphorically, not physically, though moving anything you no longer use is pointless.

Buttoned Up is a piece post surgeries having learned I have the BRCA2 gene which increases odds for not only breast cancer but ovarian cancer. 

I think in this piece a picture says a thousand words.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.


No comments: