Monday, December 2, 2013

Flight- in My Drawers

Day #15, December 2, 2013 from What's in My Drawers.
Flight
Watercolor, ink and collage on paper
7.5" x 11"
©NanciHersh
$85.00

                                                            
This is a piece I started when I was at Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital back in 2011 for my surgery. It was actually a pretty groovy kind of hospital stay (especially compared to the one back in 2003 at St. Peter's Hospital in New Brunswick!)  I had a room to myself, the nurses were fantastic, as was near by family and friends who came stopped by with goodies, and there was a lot of interesting contemporary art on the walls in every corridor.  Art makes everything better.

They also had an activity and social area on another floor. I went up there one day- sun was streaming in, live music was playing and there were lots of art supplies. So I dug in... grabbed some heavy watercolor paper, brushes and paint and thought positive thoughts.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.


No comments: