Friday, December 6, 2013

Mad Hatter - in My Drawers

Day #19 of What's in My Drawers.
Mad Hatter
Monotype with pastel on paper
13" x 15"
©NanciHersh
$150.00

                                                             
Most artists have done a self portrait or two in their career. Many have used props or costumer to try on a new persona or catch a certain mood.
Our friend Rembrandt is known to have done quite a few of those. 

As the daughter of a milliner I have spent countless hours trying on the fabulous hats in my Dad's Nobby Shoppes. It seems that we couldn't take a family day trip without stopping at one of his stores to either pick up or drop off merchandise for one of his customers. 

In this monotype I am trying on a festive creation as I am navigating my new life after my divorce.

Where in your work do you see your roots?



Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.


No comments: