Saturday, December 7, 2013

In the Fray- in My Drawers

Day #20 of What's in My Drawers.
In the Fray
Acrylic, pastel and collage on paper
29" x 41"
©NanciHersh
$400.00

                                                             
Fish or  koi have been in my work since I first fell in love with snorkeling - and Hawaii.

The colors, patterns and light found on the fish - and in the water, soothes my soul. So when we were looking to move to the area and house hunting, our realtor showed us a beautiful home with a koi pond in the back yard-  that sealed the deal. She also later introduced us to her friend in the area with 3 or 4 large incredible koi ponds where I am fortunate enough to be able to visit for sporadic inspiration when I want the "big guys."

This was one of the first pieces I created in my Koi Pond Series when we moved to PA.  There is a small rubber stamp of a swimmer, as well as other collaged images from a children's book. This piece is about finding the peace and grace within the uncertainty and turmoil of moving with a family including two sons, a mother in law, a rabbit and a cat.

It's all in the fray.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.

No comments: