Wednesday, December 4, 2013

3 Tea Bags- in My Drawers

Day #17,  from What's in My Drawers
3 Tea Bags
graphite on paper
14" x 11"
©NanciHersh
$125.00

                                                                 

My drawers are filled with tea bag drawings, in fact I have tea bags strung together hanging from door jams like love beads. Actually, that's what they are.

Everyday for the past 18 or so years I make my husband a cup of tea. Just how he likes it with milk and sugar. On work days, I run it upstairs and put it on the bathroom vanity counter so it is there for him when he steps out of his morning shower.  Then we are off and running to the demands of our busy days.
Drawing the beautiful stains and folds is a small gesture that speaks of love, ritual and marking time.

Click here to see the post about What's in My Drawers and be in the loop for the rest of the art and stories in this blog series.




2 comments:

Sharmon Davidson said...

I like the fact that the tea bags have such meaning in your life, beyond just as interesting objects to draw. Very nice drawings in your drawers!

Nanci Hersh said...

The tea bags are all over the place, had to put them to good use! Thanks for commenting @Sharmon!
Happy Holidays and a creative inspired New Year.