Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back home and ready to work...






The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of travel first to Hawaii, then West Virginia and Rehobeth Beach. It was great stepping into my former life in Hawaii with friends in Honolulu and on the North Shore. Went there to celebrate my dear friend and former employer Pegge Hopper's birthday and for my teacher and Dept. Chair of Printmaking at University of Hawaii, Allyn Bromley's retrospective opening at The Contemporary Museum http://www.tcmhi.org/cal_exhibits.htm. Two incredible women, whose work as artists http://www.peggehopper.com/and vibrant members of the art community in Hawaii is far reaching. They both at ages 75 and 82 respectively, look incredible as well!

Now back home, my Koi Pond Series is hung at Empowered Yoga Studio in Newark,DE and am getting ready for the reception next Saturday, July 17, 5:30 - 8:30 pm.

Also, continue to work on my nets for my installation at Fashion Center's 38th St. window... boys go to camp next week and I am looking forward to a block of time to be with the work and put it all together.


No comments: