Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Little Corner

This week's contribution to the Artist as Collector Series is from the heartland of America.  Located in Nebraska, Patty Scarborough, artist and blogger sent in this week's post.

Happy Corner from the art collection of
artist Patricia Scarborough

"(Here is) ... one photo holding 3 of my favorite pieces of art.
The box is from Mary Linnea Vaughan of Sonoma County CA.  The little bowl on top was turned by Harold Adams of Grand Island, Ne. and the alcohol reduction vase was created by Leroy von Glan of Norfolk, Ne.

Why?  There's something happy and casual about these pieces. I know the artists personally which gives them a deeper resonance.  I hide little items in the vintage art box like little secrets just for fun, acorns, a tiny china bell, a feather.  They look beautiful together on a desk my grandfather made decades ago.  It's a happy little corner in my house."


I love learning about new artists, seeing their work and... peeking into their homes!  Hope you do, too.  Thanks Patty for opening your door.

On your walls-  or in your corner...Where is your happy corner or sacred space?



2 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing the work of these wonderful people, Nancy!

Nanci Hersh said...

I've always loved wood turning Patty, and now I know about alcohol reduction as well. Thanks for introducing me to your world!