Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On Edge this Season

On Edge, 2011
From Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits
Acrylic on canvas
10" x 10"
The title of this painting refers to the blades on these skates, but it could easily be my state of mind.

The holidays tend to put me in overwhelm.

I WANT to send out cards to family and friends near and far, find the perfect gift for everyone on my list, remember all the people who provide services for us through out the year, and be the perfect hostess.

This year in particular, however, finds me still reeling and recovering from the past months of treatments, and our sons' injuries.  I will reflect on how blessed we are to be celebrating this holiday together. We have so many wonderful people in our lives.  If you are reading this, please know that I am truly grateful that you are a part of my life and wish you and yours a Happy Chanukah, a Merry Christmas, or whatever tradition you partake in- may it be peaceful and joyous.   Sending blessings of love, light and healing to all beings. May there be Peace on Earth.

No comments: