Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not Your Mother's Avocado Green

The title and (coupling of my subjects) may seem a bit random. But as my son often points out, Life is pretty random.  Plus, I have taken the liberty of changing the title of this painting sinced I posted it in Pay Attention earlier this month.

Not Your Mother's Avocado Green, 2010
Acrylic on canvas
10"x 10"
©2011NanciHersh
Perched on my kitchen counter, this cut avocado caught my husband's eye.

Appreciating it from a visual (and not culinary!) perspective, Scott suggested that I paint it.  It's lovely green meat and rich brown pit seemed like the perfect companion to my pseudo biker boots. A staple in my fall and winter wardrobe, they are hip, easy to slip on, and cheap (shhh!)

I wear them all the time, and no animals were harmed... perfect for the animal lover and non meater that I am!

Do you have any boots that look like this?
What fruit or veggie would you pair them with in a painting?

No comments: