Monday, April 19, 2010

Elmer & Longwood, say what?








Last week I was up in Elmer, NJ- a rural community in Salem County, NJ. I was there to observe and evaluate a Visual Artist Residency at Elmer School. Brought my camera along to take some photos of Marilyn Keating the artist working with her students. Marilyn is a wonderful artist- sculptor, printmaker and teaching artist. The students love her and I could see why- talk about making art fun! I took a couple of shots on the way home of Elmer as well, including this one of Sam the proprietor of Barnwood Furniture and Co. (He retired from a career in prisons and now surrounded by art and cool stuff!)

Then on Friday I celebrated getting my cast off (yea!!) with a trip to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA with my friend Joan and camera in tow. There is a saying in HI..."lucky you live HI"
(which is very true) but I feel lucky I live near Longwood, too!