Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ranch Camp Girl in Light

This was one of a few images that I took of Mr. Santiago's granddaughter. I think her name was Crystal. 
She lived behind me and when I saw her I would run and get my camera.  She had a striking face... I can only imagine what she looks like now, 20 years later.
Girl in the Light
©2012NanciHersh
Ranch Camp Series
You can't see her face in this shot, but I loved the light coming through and behind her.  This is a double exposure from a black and white slide I took for my Ranch Camp Series.  I did a large drawing of this image with charoal and also a lithograph that was purchased by curator James Jensen for The Contemporary Museum collection just before I left Hawaii.   TCM has now merged with The Honolu Academy of Arts- looking forward to see what's new and what hasn't changed much when we go visit next month!

No comments: