Thursday, March 31, 2011

Combat Ready

This card recently came in the mail.   A fairy godmother with combat boots.
That's what I need - a pair of combat boots to paint for my Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits Series!
But where, or from whom?  

This guy was behind me at the store.  I asked if I could take a picture of his boots.  
They weren't quite right, not gritty enough.  I wanted a pair that "walked the walk."

Marc's Boots, 2011
Acrylic on Canvas
10" x 10"
©2011NanciHersh




Then ... poof! A perfect pair came in the mail (along with a petite pair of ballet slippers) commissioned by Shari Epstein.  This is the painting for Shari.  I am holding onto the boots a little longer- I want a painting of them for myself.  To remind me that I am strong and that I am going to kick this cancer....
Maren's Slippers, 2011
Acrylic on Canvas
6" x 6"
©2011NanciHersh

On that note...  I pushed back my surgery date to Wed., April 6.  This way I can be at The Garage for the Kennett Square Art Stroll and our YoungMoms printmaking exhibition.

And besides, would you want to have major surgery on April Fool's Day?!

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Nanci I just found your blog - and I love your spirit, your creativity, your sense of humor AND your art! I'm putting you in my prayers for your surgery. Get your combat boots on, girl - and fight!

Nanci Hersh said...

HI Kellley,

So glad that you found me. I see that you post a lot of Karen Rose's. Are you painting buddies? Thanks for your comment and good wishes, I am a week out of surgery now and doing better every day.

Even painted yesterday! Thank you again