Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No Empty Promises Here

When I first began practicing yoga almost 20 years ago in Honolulu, my teacher, Rick Bernstein  promised that if we did 6 Sun Salutations on a regular basis we would soon feel better, have great sex, and more money.  That stuck with me. (Who doesn't want more of those things?!)
Marian's Gift
Acrylic on Canvas, 8" round
12/18/10
©2010NanciHersh
Now, almost 20 years later, I did still do them (almost) daily.   I would say he was right on all counts.
G for Great
Acrylic on Canvas, 10" x 10"
12/15/10
©2010NanciHersh
 So I get that doing anything on a consistent basis can create some major changes in your life.
In the short time since I committed to a Daily Painting practice I have noticed a few things:

1. Painting from life life brings a renewed energy to my work. I am having fun! yea.
2. iTunes Genius really is just that- Genius! Find a favorite song, click on Genius and you have a whole great playlist to listen while you work.
3. I am in love with color every day, all over again. Thank you Mary Buckley, Wayne Thiebaud, Pegge Hopper.
4. And as Andy Warhol, and Willie Cole have shown us - The Muse can wear some pretty inspiring Kicks!
5. You can do a lot of things in a day, but NOT everything, unless you lower your expectations. (tough one)
If the Boot Fits
Acrylic on canvas, 10" x 10"
12/17/10
©2010NanciHersh

12/16/10
©2010NanciHersh


What do you need to do on a daily basis?

1 comment:

Ellen McVicker and Nanci Hersh said...

How wonderful! You are my inspiration!

Love you,

Ellen