Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Leap of Faith- Thanks Boss!


I was in my studio yesterday. It had been a while that I had a chunk of time and was committed to working on my wire and encaustic pieces. Things weren't going quite as I planned/hoped/
"saw" in my head. I was starting to get a bit frustrated but had enough presence to not let those negative tapes start running in my head. Working on my yoga off the mat and in the studio can be a challenge for me, especially when I am not "in the zone." I reminded myself its like when I swim laps...the first 20 or 30 are more of an effort, I am counting, strategizing, etc. but then there is this subtle shift in consciousness- and I am there. Can't force it to happen, just happens.

But there I was in the studio, frustration yapping at my heels, when The Boss- my old Monmouth County "neighbor" Bruce Springsteen starts singing on my CD player...

It takes a leap of faith to get things going
It takes a leap of faith you gotta show some guts
It takes a leap of faith to get things going
In your heart you must trust

Sure enough...with a little patience and trust some interesting things started to happen...images forth coming in the near future. In the meantime here is my piece titled Walkabout.

Thanks for the reminder Bruce!





No comments: