Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Art Studio Sale and helping a special girl




I had another fun day at the Freehold Apple Store with Marisa Maffia, my favorite techie. She helped me put together a flyer for a Moving Art Studio Sale that I am going to have next month. I would much rather see my work in the homes of friends, family and anyone else who wants to live with art, than pay the freight charges to PA and have it sit there. Art is to be shared - which leads me to something else.... my cousin Ellen McVicker, who is also my BFF and partner with Butterfly Kisses and Wishes on Wings, introduced me to Cheryl McAllister years ago when Ellen and I first ventured on our path together. Cheryl is a gifted and I mean gifted, Angel Reader is with Ellen in Aurora, CO at the moment, and shared with her that she has someone special in her life who she loves - young girl named Macie,who is blind. Apparently, there is a very expensive procedure in China that has been very successful in restoring sight to others who have had her condition. That all said, I will be donating a portion of the proceeds of sales from my Art Studio Sale to benefit Macie so she can go to China to have her operation. For more information go to: http://www.maciesvisionquest.com/

Pay it forward my friends.....

No comments: