Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Savings Time


I've been away... not really, I have been teaching- Teen Arts Festival in Union County on Friday, and with my teens on Monday Nights at the Middletown Art Center on Church St. They did some great large scale charcoal drawings from a still life that I set up for them. It is a portfolio class and most of them have not gotten any strong drawing skills from their school. However, we put a large roll of newsprint and these guys were awesome!

I am also loving this daylight savings time! Longer days... and the sun is out. In fact, having been in my studio this am, I am to meet Barb and Marian for a beach walk. Lucky me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like putting up a big piece of newsprint to get people to collaborate and share the magic of being artists!

Another good thing is to have a cardboard collage, everyone glues random shapes and draws around the shapes in their spare time- fun!